For Windows, Linux, and Chromebook operating systems, you can create a desktop app from any website URL using Google Chrome. Just like all Windows applications, the Google Chrome app also has a desktop icon for quick access to the webpage. This can also be done for your PHP Live! system, providing a quick access to the PHP Live! operator console.
- Windows, Linux, or Chromebook
- Google Chrome browser
- Launch Google Chrome browser
- Browse to your PHP Live! URL
- Add the following query to the end of the URL: ?auto=1
- Press ENTER to load the new URL that contains the "?auto=1"
* it is important the browser loads the new URL that contains the "?auto=1" to verify the login page loads
- On the Chrome browser, access the "Settings" menu, continue to "More tools" and select the "Create shortcut..." menu
- On the popup window, provide the name for the app and check the "Open as window" checkbox. Click the "Create" button.
- There should now be the Chrome App icon your desktop for quick access to the operator console