For Windows, Linux, and Chromebook operating systems, you can create a desktop app from any website URL using Google Chrome. Just like all Windows applications, the Google Chrome app also has a desktop icon for quick access to the webpage. This can also be done for your PHP Live! system, providing a quick access to the PHP Live! operator console.
- Windows, Linux, or Chromebook
- Google Chrome browser
- Launch Google Chrome browser
- Browse to your PHP Live! URL
- Add the following query to the end of the URL: ?auto=1
- Press ENTER to load the new URL that contains the "?auto=1"
* it is important the browser loads the new URL that contains the "?auto=1" to verify the login page loads
- Select and copy the full URL to the clipboard
- Next, right click anywhere on your desktop to open the menu options and select
New > Shortcut
- Type the following at the "location" input on the popup window (replace the
http://www.your-website.com/phplive/?auto=1 with your URL that you have copied to the clipboard at step 5 from above).
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --app=http://www.your-website.com/phplive/?auto=1
- Name the shortcut and "Finish"
- You should now see the new shortcut icon on your desktop. Clicking the icon will launch the operator console that will load the console automatically after logging in. The shortcut can be pinned to start or taskbar area for added convenience.
NOTE: On the initial launching of the PHP Live! "Chrome App", if the desktop notification is enabled for your operator console, the notification may not appear at first. From our research, you may need to at least login to the operator console using the Chrome App, then close the app and re-login. The desktop notification is functional on Chrome App.